Sunday, 28 June 2015

Drinkin' Droolin' and Dunkin'

Hooray, she’s alive! I know its been a while since I’ve shared all the greatness that goes on at Dumpster Design and in Daisy land, even blogger gave up on me, after its standard ‘you haven’t posted for 70 days’ email, it got that I was M.I.A presumed dead. However I assure you this is not the case! I’ve been off at school getting drunk and breaking hearts, like a modern day Monroe, with less of the beauty and abortions, more of the drowning all my potential in the bottom of a dirty shot glass.

Ok so about 38% of the above is true, i mean i just likened myself to Marilyn Monroe, bitch please. I have however still managed to happen upon some super great work related things whilst in a mist of funnels and dirty bed sheets.

Being Queen of ‘Jammy’ I gained a contact for a phenomenal photographer called Paul Baichoo. He is an exquisite talent and is the Floyd in ‘Floyd & Phoenix’ (check ‘em out here). After some long conversations fuelled by unbounded passion and the artistic need to create, we decided to shoot a ‘trash the dress’ series. Using  each of the four natural elements to destroy a dress in the hope of gaining some cracking pics.

So as always, I roped in Ellie- stunning model, friend, saint, and at the end of this I think a firm hater of, well, me. We started with water and thought the jay cloth dress would be perfect for this, with all its floaty, swirly magicness. I was under the impression this would be fairly straight forward, chuck her about a bit, whack her in the tub, bish bash bosh and we’re done. No, no, as always this wasn’t the case. First problem arises when I opened the door to Paul and found a Greek Adonis standing at my threshold. Seriously, words can’t do this man justice. It is like he was sent down by angels to chuck male models off their high horses.  How on earth was I meant to 1. Communicate  2. Work and 3. Act professional, when I was busy trying to scrape my jaw off the muddy floorboards?!

Luckily Ellie had come round earlier so she was there to be able to act like a normal person and chat to him about industry stuff while I changed my pants and crafted a make shift bib to catch the constant stream of drool that seemed to be flowing from my mouth.

Paul had an idea in mind of the sort of pictures he wanted to achieve so I watched him work his magic while following Ellie around picking up bits of disheveled jay cloths trailing behind her. We needed to get it to look like she was falling so of course, we made her fall. Over and over and over again. This is the only time having a wonderful memory foam mattress has been a bad thing. Rather than her failing onto a sprung mattress and getting bounced about like a kid on a trampoline, it was like falling hard and fast into a pile of wet mud. Landing with a loud thud before it moulded around her in some sort of sympathetic embrace. 


After she got a migraine we decided to run a lovely bath and dunk her in that. What better way to get rid of a headache and relax?! Yeh, not quite. The dress had been knocking around in my studio for a good couple years now, its been on many a catwalk and many a photo shoot, which meant that it had of course collected a fair amount of dust and dirt. All of which came out when submerged in the tub. The ‘floaty, swirly magicness’ id imagined was in fact more ‘splashing about in dirty dishwater’. It became less of a ‘ill never let go jack’ beautiful sunken scene, and more of a snot and makeup everywhere sort of scene. 



But hey we’re all professionals and obviously we made it work. Thank you Paul, and Thank you Ellie. More shots to come if either of them ever talk to me again after being a horrific fan girl to Paul and a horrific best friend to Ellie. See the mega great shots below:


No comments:

Post a Comment