Sunday, 14 October 2012

Mayhem! Event


So im one. Hip hip hooray. A whole one year old. I have turned the thoughts that used to drift through my mind before I fell asleep years ago into my reality. In to what I eat sleep and breathe. They say if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life. I love what I do; I love the immediate buzz that accelerates through my blood whenever I see a potential idea or concept for a dress. I love the burning desire I have to push beyond the limits. I love the look that flashes over people’s faces of utter insanity when I try to explain to them that I create beautiful and elegant couture from what’s at the bottom of your trashcan. However, regardless of the love and passion I have for my work sometimes it still feels like a slog. I get frustrated and fidgety when I think about all the things I could be doing to expand and explore. All the different areas my business could be filtering in to. But I don’t want it to filter and blend in like the slow motion milk in your early morning cup of tea, I want to Demolish. Define. In this first year of running my company I have learnt more than I had in the 4 years of education I paid an arm and a leg to go through. I learnt it’s not easy. I learnt that regardless of the faith you have in your own ideas you have to convince people to listen. You have to convince others that today they are going to go home and think of you and your magnificent plans rather than what they are going to cook for dinner. It feels backwards and twisted but it turns out that is what real life is.

Anywho, Happy birthday Dumpster…Lets all get drunk and paint our faces!




Roll on Year Two...

No comments:

Post a Comment