Friday, 19 October 2012

Lubin' up my Gears

I love engines. I love taking them apart and putting them back together. I love getting my hands dirty and knowing how to work a wrench. Seeing a flat line drawing of an engine immediately gets my juices flowing. I get riled up with ideas and sparks of inspiration all from these intricate maps. I don’t exactly know why engines and mechanics really do it for me. I guess I love the detail and accuracy in every build and casting of every cog, to come together and create something with such presence and power. I know its bizarre to refer to an engine having ‘presence’ but it does. So delicate yet defiant.

 I’m planning a new Dumpster Apparel Dress, incorporating the flat line drawing into the pattern, using the intricate detailing mixed with bold graphic prints. It’ll be super swish

No comments:

Post a Comment